TRADE PROMOTION ORGANISATION
ITPO provides a wide spectrum of services to trade and industry and acts as a catalyst for growth of India's trade. As the nodal agency
of the Government, ITPO approves holding of international trade fairs in India and regulates holding of various expositions in India
primarily to avoid any duplication of efforts while ensuring proper timing. It manages India's world class exhibition complex which is
constantly upgraded to keep it in a high standard of readiness. Spread over 149 acres of prime land in the heart of India's capital, New
Delhi, Pragati Maidan offers about 61,290 sq.mtrs. of covered exhibition space in 16 halls, besides 10,000
sq.mtrs. of open display area.
The state-of-the art exhibition halls have enhanced the appeal of Pragati Maidan as the ideal center for an increasing number of fair
organisers and business visitors from different parts of the world.
ITPO has an extensive infrastructure as well as marketing and information facilities that are availed both by exporters and importers.
ITPO's overseas offices assist buyers seeking information relating to sourcing products from India.
ITPO's overseas offices at New York, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Moscow and Sao Paulo are pursuing opportunities for enhancement of India's
trade and investment.
Similarly, India Trade Promotion Organisation's Regional Offices at
Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata and Mumbai, through their respective
profile of activities, ensure a well-attenuated trade promotion drive throughout the country.
Significantly, ITPO has successfully completed the first phase of setting up of a modern exhibition facility outside Delhi following the
commissioning of the state-of-the-art Chennai Trade Centre on January 31, 2001.
Managed by Tamil Nadu Trade Promotion Organisation (TNTPO), a subsidiary of ITPO jointly set up with the Tamil Nadu
Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO), the CTC addresses a long-felt need for a permanent and modern exhibition venue in the State
which has emerged as a hub of trade-related activities.
Fittingly, the Centre opened its innings with the India International Leather Fair, one of the most prestigious events in ITPO's annual
calendar and probably the biggest show of its kind in the Continent.
A similar joint initiative of ITPO and the Karnataka State Industrial Area Development Board is expected to fructify as a regional
exhibition complex at Whitefield, Bangalore by the middle of 2002.
The main activities and services of ITPO are :
* Managing the extensive trade fair complex, Pragati Maidan in the heart of Delhi.
* Organising various trade fairs and exhibitions at its exhibition complex in Pragati Maidan and other
centers in India.
* Facilitating the use of Pragati Maidan for holding of trade fairs and exhibitions by other fair
organisers both from India and abroad.
* Timely and efficient services to overseas buyers.
* Establishing durable contacts between Indian suppliers and overseas buyers.
* Assisting Indian companies in product development and adaptation to meet buyers' requirements.
* Organising Buyer-Seller Meets and other exclusive India shows with a view to bringing buyers
and sellers together.
* Organising India Promotions with Department Stores and Mail Order Houses abroad.
* Participating in overseas trade fairs and exhibitions.
* Arranging product displays for visiting overseas buyers.
* Organising seminars/conferences/workshops on trade-related subjects.
* Encouraging small and medium scale units in export promotion efforts.
* Conducting in-house and need-based research on trade and export promotion.
* Enlisting the involvement and support of the State Governments in India for promotion of India's foreign trade.
* Trade information services through electronic accessibility at Business Information
Head Office: Pragati
Bhawan, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi - 110 001
* Tel. : 23371540 (EPABX)
* Fax : 91-11-23371492 / 93 * E-Mail :
* Website : http://www.indiatradepromotion.org
REGIONAL OFFICE : 7, Cooperage, Jhansi Castle, Mumbai - 400 039
* Tel. : 22021730 / 6629 / 1788 / 22044918 / 22850878 * Fax : 22044922
* E-Mail : email@example.com
World Trade Centre - I, 11th Floor, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai - 400 005
* Tel. : 22184135 / 3734 / 5263 * Fax : 22184125 * E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org